Summer is coming to an end, and Fall is on its way. Our thoughts turn from bathing suits and sun to:
- Colorful brown, red, and yellow leaves on the trees
- Apples and pumpkins
- Cool nights and warm blankets
- Football games
Change is on the way and can bring good things. What kind of change would you like in your life?
A bit more time to care for yourself? A little more help? A lot more hope?
Sounds great, right? But getting more time, more help, and hope can be difficult. These things have worked for me:
- If you have a bathtub, spend 10 minutes a day laying in the tub – no water, just a pillow, and music that YOU like on your phone. Lock the door, close your eyes, turn off the light, and just breathe and enjoy a little peace.
- Is there anything – small and easy – that you can stop to give yourself a little simpler life? That social media influencer who you follow that makes you think “I could never look like that” or “I want those shoes, but no way will I ever get them”? Try, for just a week, unfollowing them. It may help you stop comparing yourself with them. You aren’t them, you’re you, and those shoes or eyelashes don’t make them better than you!
- Have you ever heard of 411? It’s a free service to dial to find resources in your area. Places like Compassion Pregnancy Center register with them to make it easier for people who would benefit from our help to find us. Give it a try today!
- That can be hard to find. Especially if you’re worried. If a potential pregnancy is what has you worried about, text us or call us. We can help. Information from medical professionals, from people who have been where you are, and who can help you find hope. Text 313-583-9770; call 586-783-9620; email email@example.com.